Thursday 1 January 2009

No Real Agreement for Ronaldo

Manchester United midfielder Cristiano Ronaldo insists continued speculation linking him with a move to Real Madrid is not true, after further reports that he has already signed for the Spanish champions.

Ronaldo dazzled for United last season, scoring 42 goals in all competitions as the Red Devils won the Premier League and the UEFA Champions League and Real director Pedro Trapote was quoted in December claiming that his club have a deal in place to sign the Ballon D'Or winner at the end of this season.

Ronaldo, though, has reiterated that the claim is false, telling United's official website: "There's always speculation, not just about me, but about the future of players all around the world.

"People were speaking about me this summer but that was normal because of what I did during the season.

"What people are saying now (the recent speculation about an agreement with Real Madrid) is not true.

"Who says that is a liar because I am happy at the club, I want to stay here. I feel at home here. I feel very happy here."

Meanwhile, Ronaldo admits he felt under pressure to impress after a summer of rumours, but was not worried that fans would turn against him.

"I think the people don't forget quickly what you do for the club," he added. "When I arrived at the stadium, to play (my first game of this season) against Villarreal, I felt a little bit of pressure.

"But the fans were very good and this is why I feel the Manchester United supporters are amazing.

"I love the fans because they have been brilliant with me, not just this season but every season. Like I said before, I feel at home in Manchester."

No comments: